Mark Burnett's signature frame is designed around a geometry that matches his technical East Coast riding style.
Featuring short chain stays, a taller bottom bracket, a longer head tube and smaller hollow dropouts with integrated chain tensioners.
Simplicity rules on the Excelsior and it’s built without u-brake hardware and Gyro tab holes. The frame’s front triangle makes use of traditional round MotoRoss style top and down tubes with proven internal gusseting.
- 100% 4130 Chromoly Frame (Post-Weld Heat-Treated)
- MotoRoss style, double-butted, top and down tubes with proven internal gusseting.
- Built without U-brake hardware and Gyro tab holes
- Integrated seat clamp
- Butted Seat Tube & Miter Cut Top Tube:
The seat tube is where all three triangles of the frame meet and it is crucial to keep this tube strong.
- Tapered Chain & Seat Stays:
Both chain and seat stays taper to provide a refined and clean look to the frame while still providing strength. The are both angled on the inside for improved chain clearance and weight savings.
- Hollow Dropouts with Chain Tensioners:
Hollow 8mm wide dropouts are as light as a solid 5mm dropout, but over twice as strong. There is a small internal chain tensioner to hold the wheel in place as well as simplify wheel removal.
Head Tube Angle: 75
Seat Tube Angle: 71
Chain Stay Length: 13.25-13.5”
Bottom Bracket Height: 11.8”
Tire Clearance: 2.4”
Head Tube Length: 5”