Linear Quik Slic Kable
For those just learning about the Quik Slic Kable, it is a patent pending, all-in-one, cable design. This means that the cable, cable hanger and straddle cable are all manufactured as one unit. In addition to easy assembly, the braking response is noticeably improved as a result of eliminating the traditional cable "bend" and tightening points that are usually found at a normal straddle hanger.
To run the Quik Slic, you will need:
1. A "traditional" lever with a slotted barrel adjuster.
2. A brake with open ended arms (Odyssey, Fly Bikes, Dia-Tech, Bicycle Union, Proper, Superstar, etc.).
3. A brake boss to cable stop distance of 245mm, +10/-20. (measured from the center of the boss to the center of the cable stop).
4. A split cable guide and a split cable stop (which can often be easily modified if they are closed).
Seeing as this cable will have a fixed length, many people ask about this. The Quik Slic will be available with adequate housing to comfortably spin the bars all-the-way around once.
The Quik Slic will be available soon in both regular Slic Kable(r) and Linear Slic Kable(r) versions and they will include two simple adapters (short & long) which can aid in removing any excess housing slop at the barrel adjuster - if it is present.
All Prices are Shown in Australian Dollars
This product first appeared in our catalogue on 11/01/2012.
Last updated on 11/08/2015.
* Prices are subject to change without notice.